Main menu

Pages

There were three comebacks on Sunday from teams that had less than a 2% win rate

If you thought Sunday was a really crazy day in the NFL, it was.

There were three instances where a team had less than 1 in 50 shots to win and somehow managed to win. Even in the Atlanta Falcons vs. Los Angeles Rams game, the Falcons went from his 28-3 draw to 31-25 holding the ball in Rams territory. Rams cornerback Jaren Ramsey picked up a pass from Falcons quarterback Marcus Mariota to stop that comeback attempt.

There were many other successful comebacks on Sunday.

Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Derek Carr passed out after an overtime loss to the Cardinals. (AP Photo/John Locher)

according to Next generation statisticsThe Miami Dolphins, New York Jets and Arizona Cardinals all had less than a 2% chance of winning during Sunday’s game. All three won. According to Next Gen Stats, a team with a winning percentage of 98% has lost just 17 games in the past seven seasons, and he’s had three on Sunday alone.

This has led to some absolute bananas winning the probability charts.

Dolphins rally to defeat the Ravens

The Dolphins’ comeback against the Baltimore Ravens occurred during the fourth quarter. Baltimore took his 35-14 lead going into the 4th quarter. Miami scored the first touchdown of the fourth quarter with just over 12 minutes remaining, then scored two long touchdowns to tie the game. Justin Tucker scored his goal from long field for the Ravens just before his two-minute caution, but the Dolphins responded and he had 14 seconds remaining in Tua as his Tagovailoa hit Jalen his waddle to clinch the win. I got it.

The Ravens scored touchdowns on five of their first seven possessions. At some point in the fourth quarter, Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson achieved his rating as a perfect passer and his 118 yards rushing. And the Ravens lost.

Jets Stun Browns

The Jets’ comeback was more abrupt than either of the other two. The Browns closed out the game with two minutes remaining.

Nick Chubb’s 12-yard touchdown on the two-minute caution gave the Browns a 30–17 lead. The extra points weren’t good, but it didn’t seem to matter, as the NFL team led by at least 13 points in his final two minutes as he won his 2,229-game winning streak. According to ESPN Stats and Info. The last time a team blew that kind of lead was in 2001 when the Chicago Bears defeated the Browns.

The Jets have never been a likely candidate to end the streak. However, Joe Flacco hit Corey Davis for a 66-yard score. The Jets had to recover his kick onside, which is rare under the new rules. But that happened when Browns receiver Amari Cooper flabbed a spinning onside kick. The Jets took the ball to right downfield and rookie receiver Garrett Wilson scored with 22 seconds remaining. The Browns managed to get a shot in the final seconds to at least get on the field his goal try as they reached the 46-yard line, but then Jacoby his Brissett was sacked and the Jets gave the franchise a run. earned him one of the craziest wins in the world. history.

Cardinals vs. Raiders

The Cardinals had a poor first half against the Las Vegas Raiders. They trailed 20-0 into the third quarter. They lost him 23-7 in the fourth quarter.

Arizona scored one touchdown and then a wild two-point conversion off Kyler Murray for 85.69 yards. According to Next Generation Statistics.

It was a sign of things to come. The Cardinals won by scoring another touchdown and a 2-point conversion (after taking a delay game penalty) on the final play of regulation and scoring a touchdown fumble recovery return in overtime. It also contained some history.

Any other Sunday, the thriller would have been NFL talk. In Week 2, he made just one of three crazy comebacks.

Comments